Christ Our Shepherd Church (COSC) came about as a result of a large homegroup whose members met on a regular basis in prayer and who came together to seek God's guidance. In the spring of 1987 the group asked Stuart McAlpine to become their pastor and the first worship service was held at Georgetown Lutheran Church on Wisconsin Avenue. Since that time, COSC has been guided by the words in Acts, 2:42: "...They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." The church met in space provided by the Capital Memorial Seventh Day Adventist church for nine years and Calvary Baptist Church in Chinatown for two years. In 1998, by God's provision, COSC purchased an 1890's stone Romanesque church building in the ethnically diverse neighborhood of Capitol Hill. We are in the ongoing process of renovating the building. Our desire is to be a "house of prayer for all nations" and a blessing to the community.